Why is rain water clean?

Rainwater contains an alkaline pH that can promote digestion and can also be used to detoxify the body. This is important because for the body to function, the blood must be in a uniform pH balance. While useful for many things, rainwater isn't as pure as you might think, so you can't assume it's safe to drink. Rain can carry different types of pollutants into the water you collect (for example, bird droppings on the roof could end up in the barrel or water tank).

Rainwater can carry bacteria, parasites, viruses and chemicals that could make you sick, and it has been linked to disease outbreaks. It is not laboratory pure, has a slightly acidic pH due to absorbed carbon dioxide, and can accumulate pollen and dust as it falls, but pure enough for most purposes, as it falls from the sky through clean air. Rainwater may appear clean, but it can be heavily polluted. There are a lot of pollutants in the atmosphere and throughout the rainwater collection system, making it unsafe to drink.

From germs, dust particles, bacteria, viruses and parasitic microorganisms, there are many contaminants that can cause serious health complications. Therefore, you should treat or filter rainwater before drinking it to make it clean and safe. The safety of drinking rainwater depends on the cleanliness of the atmosphere through which the water vapor has passed. The way rain is collected also affects water quality.

If rain is collected directly from the air in a relatively remote area with no sources of downwind air pollution and then boiled to kill bacteria, rainwater could be safe to drink. If you collect and store rainwater for drinking, you have an individual water system and are responsible for ensuring that the water is safe. However, the problem of lack of knowledge about water is not limited to our country because water management has only been processed by experts in several countries. Although the lower pH of acid rain (2) is equal to the pH of vinegar (2) and lemon juice (2), acid rain is not directly harmful to drinking.

If you have done everything up to storage, you should keep this water in the tank for a very short time. When rainwater is used as a source of supplemental water, homeowners should ensure that rainwater cannot enter pipes that contain drinking water. If the water stays in the storage tank for a long time, the sediment that accumulates at the bottom will begin to decompose. Water returning to the Earth's surface can sink to the ground; fall into rivers, streams, lakes, or the ocean; be absorbed by plants; drunk by animals; or used by industry, but sooner or later the water evaporates and the cycle continues.

As bottled water goes through a “purification process,” people assume that it is the safest form of drinking water. In addition, it gives rise to all water problems, such as lack of water, flooding, water pollution and excessive use of energy. Tap water - Water pipe - Filtration plant - Water intake system - The river or lake - Valley water - Rainwater. That simply means that you can have a clean and well-maintained water collection system, but the water collected is acidic.

We'll tell you what the best pH levels are for your drinking water and how you can tell if your water isn't safe. For example, 1 inch of rain falling on a structure with a roof area of 40 feet by 70 feet produces about 1,700 gallons (6,600 liters) of water.

Thomas Nguyen
Thomas Nguyen

Infuriatingly humble internet buff. Hardcore travel guru. Infuriatingly humble zombie fanatic. Amateur travel geek. Evil social media maven. Infuriatingly humble tv practitioner.